Friday, March 14, 2008

Brittany is Home!


Brittany has been in the Children's Hospital for the past week. The week before she ran high fevers at night every night and then Friday started a rash. The rash got worse over Saturday and then Sunday morning her joints started to swell and turn blue. She was admitted soon after we arrived. They were afraid of Leukemia. Her platelets were so low. We knew that she had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. She was not currently on any medicine for it. After going through many tests and biopsies, they determined she also has Crohn's Disease. All of her test results are not back in but they did release her today after starting her back on low dose chemotherapy drug Methotrexate. She also received her first IV therapy drug Remicade. She will return every 8 weeks for the IV therapy. Possibly for several years. I want to thank you all for all of your prayers. Please continue to pray for her as some of the side effects are not nice. I am going to post a few pictures of her during her stay. Love, Lisa


6 comments:

Kim M. said...

Oh I am so glad you are all home now! Please get some rest this weekend!!!!!!!!
Thanks for calling me to let me know. I have been thinking about you but didn't want to overload you on phone calls.
Love you and still praying. I will link this update to my blog since I posted the initial prayer request on my blog. I hope that is okay.

Carrie said...

Glad everyone is home. We're praying for you!

Shannon said...

I am glad you are home but will continue to be praying for you and for Brittney..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim Davis said...

I am praying for Brittney and all of you!

Judith Atnip said...

Lisa,
You don't know me, but I know or email people that you know.
Just wanted you to know that my brother got arthritis when he was 5. He has done okay in his life, although it hasn't always been easy for him. When he was in his teens a preacher came and felt led by God to have those who would fast and pray that he would be healed. Even the kids in our Christian school fasted for 3 days! After three days they laid hands on him and prayed. He was healed of his pain, and able to quit taking medicine, although he still looked like he had it.
Sounds like your little girl has other problems as well, but God is with you. Keep up the faith. There are a lot of people who care.